Confidential Marriage Licenses
To obtain a Confidential marriage license, both people must appear together at the County Clerk's office located at:
701 Ocean St., Rm. 210
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
- The fee for a confidential marriage license is $90.00.
- A blood test is not required.
- Each person must present one form of valid photo identification with proof of age. If either party has been granted a divorce within 90 days of applying for a new marriage license, a copy of the final divorce decree must be presented.
- Application for Marriage License
- Both parties must be living together at the time of application
Your marriage license is effective immediately, is valid for 90 days and the ceremony must be performed within the State of California. Once you have your wedding license you will need to make arrangements to have a ceremony performed. The ceremony can be performed at a church or wedding chapel of your choice or a Civil Ceremony may be performed at a location of your choosing.
Civil Marriage Ceremonies Information
Information on ordering copies by mail.
Public License Information.
Marriage Licensing information if Under 18.